Matcha Pancakes Recipe
Do you know about matcha tea? Matcha tea comes from Japan where it is considered one of the most precious teas. This type of green tea provides a lot of benefit for your health due to its antioxidant properties; it also reduces cholesterol levels and provides energy and detox. It is one of my favourite teas but you can use it as a special ingredient in a lot of recipes.
Thanks to @brendafitfood for a great healthy recipe!
Properties of Matcha tea:
- It has a higher level of caffeine in respect to other teas from 40 to 70 mg and as such it gives you sustained energy and a higher quality of energy in comparison to the type of energy coffee provides
- It gives you a sensation of calm because of the presence of amino acids called L-theanine. For this reason it has always been used in meditation by Chinese Taoists and from Japanese Zen Monks
- It helps you to lose weight because it reduces the sense of hunger
- It increases your mood thanks to the amino acid, L-theanine, which is capable of simulating the production of dopamine and serotonin
- It helps to slow down the ageing process thanks to the presence of many antioxidants (one cup of matcha tea has the equivalent amount of antioxidants as 10 cups of normal green tea). In particular, matcha tea has a type of catechin called egcg, known for its anti-cancer properties
- It has a detox power thanks to the high level of chlorophyll, which gives it its usual green colour
- It strengthens the immune system thanks to the presence of substances with antibiotic properties (catechin)
- It has great quantities of potassium, Vitamins A and C, iron, proteins and calcium
- In the preparation of these pancakes, I used the amazing organic matcha of Tèaura.
Matcha Pancakes Recipe (makes 15)
- 2 eggs
- 40g of cane sugar
- 85g of flour
- 30g of olive oil
- 30mL of milk
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 drop of vanilla extract
- 10g of Tèaura Organic Matcha
- Put the eggs with the sugar and mix it until you get a fluffy consistency
- Add the other ingredients gradually and whisk
- Heat an anti-stick pan on low heat and pour in the mixture one ladle at a time
- When you see little bubbles, flip the pancakes
- … and there you have it!
Have a happy weekend!